Glass Beach, California
In 1949 this beach was an unrestricted dump. For 18 years glass, car parts, razors and other broken and used items were thrown away here before the council realised it was probably a bad idea. For the next 30 years, the elements worked their magic on all of the rubbish and with humans rectifying their mistake by removing rusted metals and other objects, this beach is now a unique and beautiful tourist attraction.
Just done fuck loads of research on this and then I find it on my dashboard
Disney & Its Lessons of Love
If your love life is less than ideal, don’t worry — your hat is awesome.
Further reading: Dr. Lewis’ A General Theory of Love
This comic is an introduction to some of the ideas in A General Theory of Love. We highly recommend the book — it’s a great mix of poetry and science:
“The journey we embark on here is by no means complete: the science of our day hints at structures but cannot define them. The castle of the emotional mind is not yet grounded in fact, and there is ample room left within its domain for conjecture, invention, and poetry. As neuroscience unlocks the secrets of the brain, startling insights into the nature of love become possible. That is what this book is about — and if that’s not the secret of life, then we don’t know what is.”
GOD HE LOOKS SO POLITE
- “oh is this for me? really? are you sure?”
- “well okay if you insist. i hope i’m not taking too big of bites i know some people think that’s not gentlemanly”
- “oh this is really delicious, thank you so much i mean it”
- “mmm let me just savor the taste for a bit, mmmm oh yes thanks again for that”
- “yes that is very tasty. oh no you don’t have to give me anymore you’ve done so much already i couldn’t possibly accept so much kindness and generosity, you are an angel”
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN…. EVERR